Plastic Powder Coating
Advanced Surface Finishing offers high quality powder coating for plastic substrates used in various industries. We can accommodate requests for functional and decorative coatings for both individual parts and large quantities. Call us if you need powder coating for the following:
- • Home and Office Furniture
- • Appliances
- • Automotives
- • Electronics
- • Consumer Goods
- • & Other Plastic Applications
When applying powder coatings to a broad range of plastic components, we use modern equipment such as a manual spray booth with a quick-change color system, electrostatic spray guns and controls, and a convection cure oven.
The Benefits of Powder Coating Plastic Substrates
- • Wide color selection
- • Uniformity of finish
- • Available in various textures and finishes
- • Improved resistance to ultraviolet (UV) rays
- • More durable than uncoated plastic or liquid-coated plastic
- • Can support metal to plastic conversions
- • Lower environmental impact than wet paint and plating
- • Enable high-volume production runs of molded plastic components using one base color
The Coating Powders That We Use
Advanced Surface Finishing goes the extra mile to ensure that the right coating powder is used for a specific type of substrate. Some of the powders we use include:
- • Epoxy - An epoxy powder coating uses epoxy resin as its base. It is suitable for harsh environments but it is not designed for external use. It is preferred for its flexibility, adhesion, and high corrosion resistance.
- • Polyester - Polyester powder coatings are known for outstanding tolerance to color change as well as wear and tear. It has excellent color and gloss retention even when exposed to the elements.
- • Epoxy-Polyester Hybrid - Made to combine the advantages of epoxy resin and polyester resin, the epoxy-polyester hybrid provides exceptional flow leveling and finish as well as a strong resistance to solvents and other harmful chemicals.
- • Polyurethane - A polyurethane powder coating is suitable for use outdoors. It has excellent resistance to corrosion and humidity.
A consultation with any of our powder coating professionals can help determine whether an epoxy powder coating or a polyester powder coating would be best suited for a particular substrate. We offer free test coating for sample parts. Do not hesitate to contact us for your plastic powder coating needs. Call us toll-free at 800-244-4022 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org today!